Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for people who are passionate; who care deeply about their work, who see the big picture but also notice the details. We are looking for people to grow with us for the many years to come. This means being…
- Organized. Obsessed about using calendars, spreadsheets, and other tools to manage your time, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Hard-working. Willing to step in and take active roles in project based work.
- Willing to learn and adapt. Starting a festival from the ground up was an amazing learning experience for all of us, and our team has had the drive, capability, and innovation to build CCIFF into the world-class destination for cinema that it is today.
How to apply
Below you can find descriptions of the positions we’re currently looking to fill. If you think the paragraph above describes you, we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org regardless of background or experience. When you apply, be sure to include:
- Name of the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
- Explain in a few words why you are interesting in joining the CCIFF Team
- Attach your CV
Our exceptionally talented and dedicated volunteers are the heart of our organization and are vital to the success of the Festival each and every year.
Open CCIFF committee positions
A video editor needs to edit promotional videos, short films, or feature length films. They also need to work with other people in a team, and have a basic understanding of using a computer.
- Familiar with Final cut pro.
- Transfer mov files to mp4.
- Familiar with Adobe After Effects.
A website manager works as an administrator of the organization’s websites, managing content, maintaining coherent web design and increasing the organization’s online presence.
- Proficient in WordPress (or interested in Java Script, HTML, CSS, and other related languages)
- General knowledge of website management or programming
- Strong communication skills and an up-to-date awareness of marketing techniques
HR assistants are involved with services that relate to a human resources department.
- Assist selection of CVs and interview
- Recruit volunteers and organize orientation
- Process incoming mail
- HR background
Responsible for coordinating events, including calculating budgets, planning venues, putting up decorations, working with project managers and ensuring that events run smoothly.
- Coordinate details of events, visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and material support
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
The Canada China International Film Festival wants people who can produce quality graphic materials and use appropriate computer software. At the same time, the employee would need to create and proof-read design solutions that have a high visual impact for both digital and physical materials, and enhance project marketing effects through generating effective advertising materials. Employee have to work with the Marketing Team and communicate with different teams to fulfill their needs.
Please include a portfolio of your work when applying.
- Ability to coordinate and work in a team environment.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and exercising effective creative practices
A translator is required to have a general understanding of the projects, be able to write and translate documents of the projects for promotional or descriptive purposes between English, French and Chinese.
- Excellent written communication
- Proficient in writing in at least two languages between English, French and Chinese; three-language speakers are prioritized.
- Candidates who have majored in English, French, Chinese literature and film related disciplines are prioritized.
To help with a set of day-to-day activities that are related to record keeping, physical distribution, logistics, and assist other departments with the organization.
- To be able to work under pressure when given a task that is of vital importance to the organization
- To have good communication skills in order to coordinate with other members around the organization
- To have excellent communication skills with arranging and meeting the clients, collaborators, and visitors directly via emails, phone calls or direct mail
- Manage and maintain the filing system
To be responsible for general accounting functions and assisting the account manager in bookkeeping activities.
- Review invoices from service providers and match expenses with bank statement transactions
- Add data into Excel spreadsheet
- Other accounting duties as needed
- Structured, organized, attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite) and basic level in Excel