3rd CCIFF SUBMISSION INFO
● About Us
From Sept. 22- 26, 2018, Canada China Art-Tech and mDreams Pictures will host the third edition of The Canada China International Film Festival (CCIFF) in Montreal, Quebec. The festival will promote exchange between Chinese and Canadian film culture, foster cooperation and encourage communication between artists and filmmakers from both countries. Additionally, CCIFF will showcase the latest innovations in entertainment technology.
Based on support from Canadian and Chinese governments, CCIFF aims to attract an international audience. To achieve this, the focus of the festival will be on current and upcoming filmmaking practices. The main events that make up the festival will also be tailored for international appeal. For instance, there will be 7 main events during the 4 days festival including: the Opening Ceremony, the People’s Film Screening and Competition, Women’s Voice in Film and Television, the Entertainment Technology Submit, the Canada China Co-production Project Pitch, Exhibition, and the Closing Ceremony.
- Awards & Prizes
Canada China International Film Festival Award includes:
Best Feature Film
Best Documentary Film
Best Short Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Special Effects
Best TV Documentary
Best TV Series
- Venue Info
H110 Alumni Auditorium (H-110) – Hall Building, Concordia University
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W, Montréal, QC, Canada
J.A. De Sève Cinéma (LB 125) McConnell Library Building
1400 De Maisonneuve W., Montreal, QC, Canada
● Rules & Terms
- Films completed between 1st January 2018 and 30th June 2018.
- Feature-length films (narrative or documentary) that are available for public online viewing in their entirety are NOT eligible. Short films (under 30 min) may be available online. Films shown at private screenings not open to the public (for crew, investors, etc.) are eligible.
- All entries must be subtitled in English or French.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
- Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Canada China International Film Festival judiciary committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email.
- All entrants will be notified on or before August 15 , 2018.
- Films selected for the International Feature, documentary, short film competitions. Competitions are judged during the Festival.
- 1st Audition: Please provide online source of your film together with password.
- Screening Secsion: Films are selected for Festival presentation by the Canada China International Film Festival judiciary committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email. At the mean time, we will ask you to provide DCP and Blu-ray copy of your film for screening.
- Compitition Secsion: 15 out of 30 films will be selected for our 15 awards finally by the Canada China International Film Festival judiciary committee. All the nomination and award-winnign films will be published on our closing ceremony.
- All entrants will be notified on or before August 15 , 2018.
(Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered. )
• Submission Platform
If you have any questions, contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
• Payment Info
1st Call Deadline: Feb 28, 2018 2nd Call Deadline: May 31, 2018 3rd Call Deadline: July 15, 2018 Short Film(under 30min) USD30 USD40 USD60 Short Film (between 30 min – 45min) USD40 USD70 USD90 Feature Film(over 45min) USD75 USD90 USD110 TV Series USD75 USD95 USD110 Student Film(under 45min) USD30 USD40 USD60
● General Rules
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the films presented are authorized by the copyright owner. CCIFF is not responsible for any unauthorized copyrighted materials submitted. Canada China International Film Festival reserves the rights to disqualify any film that contains unauthorized copyrighted materials.
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable. Fees cover submission, notification that your entry has been received, and notification of results.
Terms & Conditions
If the Media or Any official publication recommends CCIFF to make cuts in a film or TV Series or in its subtitles, such changes will be made only with the agreement of the producer/filmmaker.
- Screening Scheduling
Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of Canada China International Film Festival. While every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, CCIFF reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
- Entrant’s warranties
- The entrant warrants that he/she owns the entire copyright of their film or TV Series and has the right to authorize the public screening of their film or TV Series.
- It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials included within the submitted film or TV Series. CCIFF will not be held responsible for the unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted materials within or relating to the submitted film or TV Series . CCIFF reserves the right to disqualify any film or TV Series with any unauthorized inclusion of copyrighted materials.
- The entrant hereby authorizes the CCIFF to screen their film or TV Series in public during the period of the Canada China international film festival. The CCIFF is not obligated to hold any public screening of any film or TV Series entries other than the three screenings allowed by international regulations.
- The entrant authorizes the CCIFF to make use of all publicity materials and stills of their film or TV Series including, but not limited to publicity, promotional purposes of the CCIFF.
- The entrant’s agreement with the CCIFF by signing the entry form shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Quebec Canada.
- The entrant agrees with the CCIFF and undertakes that he/she will at all times keep the CCIFF fully and effectively indemnified in respect of all actions, proceedings, claims demands, liabilities and expenses whatsoever that may be made, brought against, suffered or incurred by the CCIFF in consequence of any breach by the entrant on the grounds that any film or TV Series property rights of any person is defamatory or on any other grounds whatsoever.
- All the rights of explanation are reversed to deal with all uncovered issues by the Committee of Canada China International Film Festival.
- I certify that the information provided in this submission form is complete and correct.
- If my film or TV Series iis selected, I acknowledge that I have the sole and exclusive ownership of all rights related to the submitted production and have the full authority to submit the production to CCIFF.
- If my film or TV Series is selected, I authorize CCIFF to publicly exhibit the production, which may include a single or multiple screening(s), within the context of the festival and its promotion. I acknowledge that this commitment is binding in perpetuity, and may not be invalidated or otherwise altered by any future transfer of ownership of any and all rights related to the submitted production to a third party.